Monday, December 04, 2006

running to stay on top..

The past week has not been great for running. As I've mentioned, my 3 year old son needs to go to hospital for an operation and this has all come up rather suddenly. We are delighted that he's having this operation - he needs it - but obviously, apprehensive about it, worried for him, and the practicalities of leaving my life behind for 2 weeks in December are also a bit overwhelming..

However, we're nearly there now - we set off for London today and then he will go into hospital tomorrow. And - I've packed my running gear. Hanging around hospitals 24 hours a day is draining and I'm hoping to be able to get out for 45 minutes and have a run most days, just to blow the stress and tiredness out of my head.. It's one of the things I love most about running - the ability to just lace up my shoes and go. And usually, whatever the run or the weather, I feel a lot better by the time I get back. So I'll probably not be blogging for a week or 2 but will definitely be running...

4 comments:

CT Kirks said...

Petra,

I was going to try to write something pithy and droll because I heard you mentioned on Steve's goofy little podcast this week and you were kind enough to leave me a comment on my blog...

Good luck in London. I hope all goes well with the operation for your son. Your family is in my thoughts.

DebbieJRT said...

Just a new reader here sending good vibes to your son.

Cory said...

Good luck with your son! I know how stressful that can be.

Unknown said...

running can be great therapy.

Keeping your family in my thoughts.