Saturday, April 25, 2009

A quick update

A quick update on the day before the race:
  • Met Drusy at the expo yesterday. Can't post the photo as I left the cable for my camera at home but she is wonderful and despite the slight "blind date" fear just before we met we got on like a house on fire. Can't wait to get to know her better at the Swift Half in 4 weeks.
  • For the first time ever, I have taken it easy the day before the race. My wonderful sister-in-law has taken my son off to explore London, my husband is attending a wedding (I declined on the basis that I was running tomorrow) and I have done some very brief errands and have been at my sister-in-law's house, sipping water and gently carboloading, all day. I even had a nap! So far, so good. Slightly eerie watching DVDs in the daytime though - I think it's been a good 15 years since I last did that..
  • And there is online tracking - you can track me here if you type in my race number 43789.
Will be up at the crack of dawn tomorrow to make my way across London to Greenwich. Thank you for all your messages of support, here and on FaceBook. You will all be very much on my mind tomorrow - without you I don't think I'd be there. I'll talk to you on the other side of the finishing line.

8 comments:

jeanne said...

If you find yourself needing distraction tomorrow, just start composing your race report in your head. And pay special attention to how it ends. It's that whole visualization thing. It works! You're gonna beat up that London marathon and take its lunch money!

:)

Road Warrior said...

Run strong tomorrow, Petra. I'm so excited for you. You're gonna rock this thing!

Maddy said...

Good luck tomorow. I'll be thinking of you and waiting anxiously for your facebook update.

Jade Lady said...

Best of luck! Can't wait to hear the race report...and to think, you weren't running much when I first started following your blog...and now you're a running machine! Go Petra!!!
javascript:void(0)

Oh, you're a facebook user too...gosh. I'm not much of one, but maybe I should!

ShirleyPerly said...

Just got home and typed in your race number on that tracking site. CONGRATULATIONS on a fabulous race, Petra!!

Susan said...

How exciting to meet Drusy!

EndorphinBuzz said...

Congratulations Petra on a great race. I'm glad you were able to reach your goal and then some!!!

Anonymous said...

can't waitt to here the race report!!! Hope you had a fabulous race :)